Broadwindsor Primary School aims to inspire all children to develop a love of physical activity and sport for life. Through good physical education, whole school values and a whole child approach, we aim to nurture confident, resilient children who will strive for their personal best.
We strive to educate both our children and families to develop a greater understanding on how to live healthy lifestyles and make healthy choices. We are dedicated to ensuring healthy minds, as well as bodies and will continue to support our children’s well-being.
We have strong links with local clubs and partnerships within our community to ensure the children and families receive the support and knowledge they need. Examples e.g. club links include with Broadwindsor Cricket Club and Bridport Rugby Club. The school is also an active member of West Dorset Sports Partnership and where we take part in sporting festivals and matches throughout the year with other local schools. Our aim at these events is to give as many children the opportunity to take part regardless of their sporting ability.
When our Young sports people leave Broadwindsor School we aim for them to have:
- the skills and the mindset to be confident in their future PE and sporting experiences at secondary school and beyond.
- Knowledge and understanding of skills needed for a range of sports and therefore have the potential competence to excel in broad range of physical activities
- knowledge and understanding to keep mind and body healthy and be able to make choices to improve well-being
- been physically active for sustained periods of time each week and have a love for physical exercise
- Engaged and experienced in a range of competitive sports and activities including competing in intra and inter competitions.
- Lead healthy, active lives during primary education and be well-prepared for sporting activity at their secondary school and beyond.