Broadwindsor School is a Church of England Voluntary Controlled school. Our RE provision must be in accordance with the Trust Deed of the school. Following advice from the diocese we have adopted the Locally Agreed Syllabus, using both Understanding Christianity and Discovery RE to implement this.
At Broadwindsor School it is our intent that all children should work as Young Theologians to develop a knowledge and understanding of Christianity and some of the other principle world religions represented in Great Britain today.
When our Young Theologians leave Broadwindsor School we aim for them to have…
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of Christianity, its impact on our local community and on our society today.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of some of the other principle religious traditions represented in Great Britain
- A sense of respect for religious traditions, beliefs and practice
- The enquiry skills needed to dig deeper into a text
- The skills and attitudes needed to support their own personal, moral, social and cultural development and also their own spiritual development including having a sense of awe, wonder and mystery
- The ability to think about their own beliefs and values, in light of the beliefs of others (both religious and non-religious), and the values of the school community.